Monday, August 30, 2010

Last Hurrah

Summer is fading here in Jackson. Today we walked outside wearing fleece and wishing we had mittens. I know there will be more warm days, but fall is definitely on its way. I thought I would post a few photos of one of our last summer hurrahs. I have been trying to fit in adventures and fun while summer lasts. We have enjoyed trips to the fountain park at Teton Village (the ski resort), where they also have an outdoor story hour at 5 PM on Tuesdays. I never remembered my camera, unfortunately. So fun. We've been loving our bike. We love the park and our backyard and our friends' backyards. :) It has been such a wonderful summer.

On Friday, we met my friend Jenn, her two daughters and her brave mom up in the national park. We rode our bikes along the bike path to Jenny Lake, where we hopped on the locals-free ferry across the lake. Then we hiked with all five girls about a mile to Hidden Falls - a very popular tourist trail. We picnicked, picked loads of yummy huckleberries and then took the boat back across. Sadie and Zoe conked out in the Chariots on the bike ride back to our cars. Then - to cap it off, we got ice cream on the way home! It was an epic, all-day, amazingly fun adventure. I was tired.

And- my hubby wanted to camp that night. So, when we arrived home, I threw together camp food, clothes, and a quick dinner, and Erik loaded the car with our gear. We ended up only camping for about 13 hours, as evening and morning were punctuated with lots of thunder and lighting and bursts of rain. Still - we managed another trip, and my ever optimistic husband was blessed! :)



Trinity and my girls - looking at the waterfall after their long, brave hike to the top.

Our whole crew. Can you tell both my girls have band-aids? We took a few tumbles on the rocky path.

Elisa searching for huckleberries. Yum! They were so good. Sorry, bears, if we ate your stash.

This isn't from that day, but I thought I'd stick another photo of the bike set-up with me hauling. Elisa does such a great job.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Some of my favorite people in that photo! And are you wearing spandex? :)