Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Many of our holiday traditions center around breakfast and the morning routine. On birthdays, there are homemade cinnamon rolls, a decorated chair, a construction paper crown, and gifts at the breakfast plate. On Christmas, the morning starts with the Christmas story, stockings, and Poteca bread with scrambled eggs. Easter includes candy trails to follow around the house before church. Valentines Day means heart shaped pancakes and handmade Valentines at the table.

This morning, the pancakes were pink and topped with strawberries. Erik dyed the scrambled eggs, too, and served strawberry milk. The girls were delighted, and there was laughing banter about whether we might turn completely pink like Pinkalicious. I don't love the story of Pinkalicious, because she is pretty disrespectful to her parents, but I have to admit, there is definitely little girl appeal to the idea of turning yourself pink by eating too many pink cupcakes (or pancakes!) :)




Don't worry. This was Erik's heaping plate, and he didn't finish it. The girls and I had slightly smaller portions. :)

No comments: