Thursday, October 14, 2010

September with our Cousins

Amy and Forrest came to spend two weeks here in Jackson - arriving September 17 and departing October 1. What a blessing to have them here! Forrest and Erik spent one week hunting on horseback (actually, they used horses to pack in, and then walked to actually hunt), while Amy and I explored Jackson with our five little munchkins. We had so much fun during our weeks together! Here are oodles of photos to tell the stories! :)

Day One - Saturday. A hike to Jenny Lake - our third this summer.



Last huckleberries of the season

Fingerpainting at home.


Hike with Jenn Green and kiddos Sunday afternoon.

Kids running ahead

Our five sweet kiddos, dressed in coordinating outfits from Michelle

Big girl Elisa

Is she eating him or kissing him? :)

Raina's first solid foods - at 6 1/2 months. Earlier than I've started with my other girls, and she loves it! This bite was carrots. Now she has sampled squash, green beans, peas, zucchini, prunes, and pears.

At the park - Tuesday

Sweet baby girls

Sadie Pearl

Library Story Hour with friends

The Sub Shop - local favorite

Jackson Lake Lodge - Wednesday

Moose Visitor's Center

Moving pictures on the floor

Thursday - Birthday tea. 22 kids in the backyard!

Princess Selah Ruth

Little Raina-bean

the grown-ups table

Preschool outing to the Rockefellar Preserve on Friday! Beautiful.

Sadie - ambling along

Ephraim with his explorer backpack. They were filled with colored pencils, journals, magnifying glasses, etc.

Reading stories after our picnic lunch





The next week - at Targhee Resort in Idaho

Wednesday of Week 2 - String Lake hike with Amy and Forrest

Brr!

At the creek by Grandma's house

The Arnold family

Ephraim in the Land Cruiser.

We loved having you here!

3 comments:

Kristen Wachob said...

Thank you, thank you for posting! I LOVE seeing these photos and am so glad you sisters got to spend two weeks together with your beautiful families. Seriously, God is SO good. What a blessing!

Can't wait to share some adventures in a little over a month...but we'll give you some time to recooperate first;)

Barb said...

Colleen, thanks for all the pictures! I just keep looking at them over and over! I sure miss all of you.

Melissa said...

Wow, the babies look alike. I had to stare and stare to tell them apart!
And Colleen, I hope you got a picture of YOU on your birthday. Tsk, Tsk. :)
Love you!
MP