Saturday, October 1, 2011

Four Years Ago

... my daddy went to be with Jesus. I remember that day so clearly. I miss him. My heart still aches with missing him. I wish my girls could have known his big belly laugh and dancing, his hugs and his wisdom.

I have learned much in four years. That God is good. And sovereign. And wise. That He loves us, and that we can trust Him even when our hearts break and it is hard to believe that so much hurt some how glorifies Him.

And I have learned that suffering and tragedy are not unique. They are commonplace in this broken world.

There have been many beautiful, poignant songs that touch my heart as I remember.

This morning, eating syrupy pancakes, we listened to this one.

"My heart, makes me wonder how much longer til you're coming back to take me away. My heart, longs for you to fly right through the sky and take me to the place where I'll never feel my heart break down again..." (Third Day).

Don't you long for that day? No more tears, or pain, just the face of the One who loves us! Come, Jesus!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Beautifully spoken, Leeners. I know we are all still aching without Daddy and it will be amazing to be in the arms of Jesus and Dad one day.
There is a song by John Heller "While I am Waiting" that really spoke to me one night coming home from GriefShare. While I am waiting on the Lord - I will serve Him. This is my desire.

I love you and miss you so much.