Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Close Call





It doesn't show up clearly in the photo, but there is a new safety feature in our home. I have always been afraid that a small child would decide to climb through the railing that looks out over our brick entryway. Sadie was my docile baby who never tried anything dangerous, so we never needed to block it. Enter Raina - my mischievous daredevil. Last week, I was cooking dinner and Erik had all three girls upstairs. He came down with Elisa for a quick chat that became a very involved time of discipline. Sadie emerged on the stairway, saying, "Daddy?" to which he answered, "Don't interrupt, please." Sadie, again, said, "But, Dad? Raina's on the railing." I heard her announcement and bolted up the stairs. Erik ran to the brick and stood below her in case she fell. One of the pictures shows where she was. Not on the carpeted area, but on the wood strip on the outside of the railing. A full story over hard brick. Praise God for her big sister. And - we now have a plastic guard.

2 comments:

Amy said...

So scary. But SO glad she is safe! Way to go Sadie!

Barb said...

I love the new look for the bannister! Thank you, Sadie for being a very watchful big sister!