Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Ellie Skiing and "What I Want to Be When I Grow Up"
I managed to get this video uploaded, and wanted to add it to the pictures from yesterday. I'm sorry it's the wrong way... just tilt your head sideways! :)
Last night, I was relating a funny story of the day to my hubby, and amid his laughter, he said, "You have to put that on your blog tomorrow. It's a requirement." So - here you go.
I was out for a jog with the munchkins bundled in the Chariot, and Elisa noticed an airplane flying overhead. Here is the conversation that followed.
Elisa: "Mom, when do we get to go on an airplane?"
Me: "Not for a long time, punkin, but Daddy is going on airplane when he goes to Kenya in February."
E: "I want to go with him."
Me: 'That would be fun, honey. I wish I could go, too, but we can't go. His trip is only for engineers."
E: "Can only boys be engineers, Mom?"
Me: "No, sometimes girls are engineers. But Mommy didn't choose to be an engineer; I chose to be a nurse and a mommy."
E: "Do I get to be a nurse or an engineer?"
Me: "You can be anything you want, Ellie. You can be a nurse, or an engineer, or a teacher, or a missionary...or anything else you want to be."
E: "Then I think I'd like to be an ambulance driver."
Me: "That's a great idea! It's an important job to drive an ambulance. You would have to get some training to help sick or hurt people, and then you would take them to the hospital."
E: "I think I wouldn't help them in the ambulance, I would just drive them fast to the doctor, and the doctor would help them. Then I would hurry and go pick up more sick people."
Me: 'That's true, but they might need some help before you can get them to the hospital."
E: "But, Mom, if I was up front driving, I couldn't help them in the back."
Me: "You would have helpers in the back."
E: "Sadie, do you want to be my helper? You can give the sick people medicine and help them breathe while I drive. You can put on the band-aids, too."
Sadie: "Umm.... yeah. I help."
Me: "That means Sadie would be the paramedic."
E: "Okay, Sadie is the paramedic. And Mommy, then I would call you on your phone, and tell you to meet us at the hospital and you would be the nurse to take care of the sick people. And we would all work together, helping."
M: "That sounds great, honey."
For the next two hours, my wise three-year-old proceeded to fully develop this plan for her adulthood. Even as we drove to church for Awana, she was still saying, "Mom, are you so glad you can be my nurse helper when I drive the ambulance?"
Erik thought this story was hilarious, and "awesome." Hopefully, you enjoyed it, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes! This story was "awesome" and shows such creative and critical thinking! Nice work, Elisa! Aunt Kristen and Uncle Adam will be proud of you whatever you choose;)
I loved reading this! She has such an incredible way of figuring out how things fit together. Thanks for updating your blog so much lately! It is wonderful. I love you and can't wait to see all of you!
Post a Comment