Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thirty-Five Years


Tomorrow would have been my parents' 35th wedding anniversary. Isn't this picture beautiful? I know it is crackly and a bit rough (it has been twice scanned) but I love their smiles. For nearly 35 years, my amazing mom and dad portrayed the grace and love of Christ in their commitment to their marriage and the sacrifices they made for each other. We are so blessed to be their children... to have witnessed the beauty and tenderness of a marriage that grew stronger with each passing year, the laughter of shared jokes and experiences, the partnership of raising children together, the unity of heart as they placed each other's needs above their own.

Daddy, we miss you. And I know that today, Mom misses you even more than usual. I know that my parents would have loved each other for another 35 years had they been given the chance. Thank you for teaching us what a loving marriage should look like!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks Leeners! Your words portray what I feel. Love you.

Amy