Erin is a mommy! I am so thrilled for my good friend Erin. At 12:30 this afternoon, she delivered a beautiful baby girl named Mara Antina. Little Mara is so blessed to be born into this special family! And I know that her coming blesses them.
Erin and I met in Seattle, while both of us were finishing our degrees at the University of Washington. We were coming out of strikingly similar circumstances, and a fast friendship formed... we led a women's Bible study together, ran, ate countless sweet potatoes, and shared life. God saw fit to bring two wonderful men into our lives... both of whom happened to live in Fort Collins Colorado. Erin married Karl just six months after Erik and I were married. It was such an amazing God-thing to have a kindred spirit nearby during our two years in Colorado, and I miss her!
Erin is open-hearted, kind, loyal, and full of joy. I have learned so much about God through her friendship, and I could not be more happy for her and Karl to enter into the journey of parenthood. I only wish we could convince them to follow us to Wyoming, and that our three girls could grow up together.
Mara Antina weighed 8 pounds, 7 ounces, and was 20 inches long... a big bundle for my petite little friend! :)
Congratulations, Erin and Karl!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! I am so excited for Erin. Can you send me her address so I can send her something?
Colleen! Thanks for sending my your blog link! I LOVE reading blogs. It's such a great way to keep updated on the day to day! It's so good to see pics of your girls!
You and Erin always did seem like kindred spirits.
What is her address for me, too?
Post a Comment